Who I Am
Hey howdy hi hello, my friend! It’s me, Shailo Satór, author of vampire fiction you won’t hate!
I’m here to provide you with characters you’ll love and characters you’ll love to hate. My fiction will introduce you to worlds within the one we live in, full of fantastical peoples and exotic lands you’ve only dreamed of accessing. Strap in for a world of LGBTQIA+ centered romance (and sometimes avoidance of romance). Sometimes erotic. Sometimes cringeworthy (in a good way). Always full of tension.
Orphaned as an infant, Dimitri DesRosiers has inherited his family’s fortune and title, but the violent angel who raised him into the lonely man he’s become has other, eternal plans for him.
Here’s some of the cool things I’ve accomplished:
- Master of Fine arts in Writing – One of those cool graduate degrees that qualifies me to teach creative writing!
- Bachelor of Arts in English, emphasis in creative writing – I really like writing.
- Certificate in Creative Writing – Like really, really like writing.
- NaNoWriMo Winner 2017, 2018, 2019 – That means I wrote 50,000 words in one month. Three times. Holy Hell.
- Editor of Life After Last Breath by Cayla Vanhulle – An erotic vampire thriller—not for the faint of heart. Life After Last Breath 2 is in the works!
- Staff member of Visionary Tales since 2008 – A role playing (collaborative fiction) forum that accommodates members of every demographic, no matter their age or identity, their skill in writing, or amount of time they can devote to their membership.
- Completed 2 screenplays – First drafts of them anyway!
What I’m Working On
I currently have several series in the works. They take place within the same universe, but they are very different stories:
Destroying Eden – This series skips throughout history, switching from narrator to narrator to tell several intertwining fantastical stories—of angels, demons, gods, witches, and vampires—that add up to one, very exciting climax.
Lost Blood – This novel is told from the point-of-view of one man seeking redemption through the story of his Puritan origins in Boston just before the Salem witch trials.
Sucking Ashes – This series explores addiction and depression through the lens of a hot nerdy bisexual vampire who lives in LA and just really doesn’t want to be shot.
In the future, I hope to tell more modern, vampire-driven stories, but I also want to lumber off into the world of futuristic science fiction into the endless bounds of space.
For now, I’m working diligently to bring my reader friends consistent, fresh content, and I’m trying to read one vampire book a every month!
How I Have Fun
When I’m not writing or working hard on making sure the blog doesn’t manage to burn down, I enjoy…
- Role Playing. This is where all that writing got started.
- Chatting. Catch me on Discord or Twitter.
- Bingeing. My TV recommendations are: The Magicians (dark fantasy, fantastically written, exciting), Younger (fluffy but dramatic, I don’t yell as much for any other show), and Teen Wolf (bear with the special effects, stay for Stiles). I also love the heck out of some RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- Cat Photography. I love doing photoshoots with my cat Fergus. I keep his bed on my desk, so he’s always nearby for me to snap a photo of. I’ll take one right now.
Not enough? Here. Have some cool facts about me:
- I have another cat. She pretends like she doesn’t exist, and she’d like for me and everyone else to do the same. Her name is Winks, and she’s gorgeous and elusive.
- I love chicken strips and ranch dressing. Unless there’s buttermilk involved. Then YEET.
- I often get trapped in graphic design projects, losing track of time so severely that I miss dinner and go to bed late. But yes, I do have a book cover (or two) for every book I’ve mentioned so far even though I haven’t finished writing any of them.
Would you like to get to know me even better? Maybe read some of that writing I just gushed about loving to do?
Here’s what you should do next:
Subscribe to my mailing list! Stay up to date on my content and find out when I’m putting out some of that vampire fiction I just know you’re gonna love.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read about me! You really are a good friend. Lots of love. <3